- Solar PV panels produce power when sunshine is present.
- The inverter converts power produced by the panels to AC electricity.
- The consumer will use the energy produced by the system, and any excess energy will be exported to the grid. The energy exported will be metered (by the export meter). If the consumer uses more electricity than what is generated (such as in the night), this usage will be measured using CEB’s normal electricity meter (the import meter).
- The consumer’s electricity supply will continue as normal, and will be provided by either the Solar PV system, or via the CEB. The consumer will not notice any change in the electricity supply they receive.
- At the end of each month, the CEB will charge the customer based on the solar power scheme chosen by the customer.
Reduce, or eliminate your electricity bill with solar power
Eliminate your electricity bill and Earn money from selling solar energy
Earn money from your Solar energy. Pay your electicity bill seperately